Chris Kyle Tribute

10670269_1006250156071339_2070308249104512738_nChris Kyle: Amen

This is from a wife of one of the Navy Seals in
attendance at Chris Kyle’s service …… it makes interesting,disturbing, but hardly surprising reading.

Chris Kyle became the armed
services number #1 sniper of all time.
Not something he was happy about, other than the
fact that in so doing, he saved a lot of American

Three years ago, his wife Taya asked him to leave the SEAL teams
because he had a huge bounty on his head by Al
Qaeda. He did and wrote the book “The American
Sniper.” 100% of the proceeds from the book went
to two of  the SEAL families who
had lost their sons in Iraq.

That was the kind of guy Chris was. He formed a company in Dallas
to train military, police and I think firemen, how
to protect themselves in difficult situations. He
also formed a foundation to work with
military people suffering from PTSD. Chris was a
giver not a taker. He, along  with a friend and
neighbor, Chad Littlefield, were murdered trying
to help a young man that had served six months in
Iraq and claimed to have PTSD.

Now I need to tell you about all of the blessings.

Southwest Airlines
flew in any SEAL and their family from any airport to the
funeral… free of charge. The employees donated
buddy passes and one lady worked for four days
without much of a break to see that it happened.
Volunteers were at both airports in Dallas to drive them to the


The Marriott Hotel

reduced their rates to $45 a night and cleared the hotel for
only SEAL’s and family.


The Midlothian, TX Police Department
paid the $45 a night for each room. I would guess there were about
200 people staying at the hotel, 100 of them were SEALs.


Two large buses were chartered (an unknown donor paid
the bill)
to transport people to the different events and they
also had a few rental cars (donated).

The police and secret service were
on duty 24 hours during the stay at  our hotel.


At the Kyle house, the Texas DPS parked
a large motor home
in front to block the
view from reporters. It remained there the
entire five days for the SEALs to meet in and so
they could use the restroom there instead of the
bathroom in the house.

Taya, their two small children and both sets of
were staying in the home.
Only a hand full of SEALs went into the home as
they had different duties and meetings were held
sometimes on a hourly basis.




It was a huge coordination of many different events and
security. Derek was assigned to be a Pall Bearer, to
escort Chris’ body when it was transferred from the
Midlothian Funeral Home to the Arlington
Funeral Home, and to be with Taya. A tough job. Taya
seldom came out of her  bedroom. The house
was full with people from the church and other
family members that would come each day to help. I
spent one morning in a bedroom with Chris’ mom and
the next morning with Chad Littlefield’s
parents (the other man murdered with Chris). A tough job.

George W Bush and his wife Laura , met and talked to
everyone on the Seal Team one on one. They went
behind closed doors with Taya for quite a while.
They had prayer with us all. You can tell when
people were sincere and caring




Nolan Ryan sent
his cooking team, a huge grill and lots of steaks,
chicken and hamburgers. They set up in the front
yard and fed people all day long including the
200 SEALs and their families.
The next day a local BBQ restaurant set up a buffet in
front of the  house and fed all once again.
Food was plentiful and
all were taken care of. The family’s
kept those inside the house well fed.


JerryJones, the man everyone loves to hate, was a rock star. He
made sure that we all were taken care of. His wife
and he were just making sure everyone was taken care
of….Class… He donated the use of Cowboy Stadium for
the services
because so many wanted to attend. The charter buses
transported us to the stadium on Monday at 10:30 am.
Every car, bus, motorcycle was searched with bomb
dogs and police. I am not sure if kooks were making
threats trying to make a name for themselves or if
so many SEALs in one place was a security risk, I don’t know. We
willingly obliged. No purses went into the stadium!

We were taken to The Legends room high
up and a large buffet was available. That
was for about 300 people
. We
were growing.A Medal of Honor recipient was there,
lots of secret service and police and
Sarah Palin and her husband.
looked nice, this was a very formal military service.
The service started at 1:00 pm and when we were
escorted onto the field I was shocked. We heard that
about 10,000 people had come to attend also. They were
seated in the stadium seats behind us
It was a beautiful
and emotional service. The Bagpipe and drum corps
were wonderful and the Texas A&M men’s choir stood
through the entire service and sang right at the
end. We were all in tears.
The next day was the 200-mile processionfrom Midlothian, TX to
Austin for burial. It was a cold, drizzly, windy
day, but the people were out.
We had dozens of police motorcycles riders, freedom
riders, five chartered buses and lots of cars
. You had to have a pass
to be in the procession and still it was huge.


Two helicopters circled
the procession with snipers sitting out the
side door for protection.




It was the longest funeral procession ever in the state
of Texas
. People were everywhere. The
entire route was shut down ahead of us
, the
people were lined
up on the side of the road the entire way.

Firemen were down
on one knee, police officers were
holding their hats over their hearts, children waving
flags, veterans saluting as we went by.




Every bridge had fire trucks with large flags
from their tall ladders,




people all along the entire 200 miles were standing in
the cold weather.
It was so heartwarming.
Taya rode in the hearse with Chris’ body so Derek
rode the route with us. I was so grateful to have
that time with him.

The service was at Texas National Cemetery. Very few are
buried there and you have to apply to
get in
. It is like people from
the Civil War, Medal of Honor winners, a few from
the Alamo and all the historical people of Texas.




It was a nice service and the Freedom
surrounded the
outside of the
entire cemetery to keep the crazy church people from
Kansas that protest at military funerals away from us.


Each SEAL put his Trident (metal
SEAL badge) on the top of Chris’ casket, one
at a time. A lot hit it in with one blow. Derek was
the only one to take four taps to put his in and it
was almost like he was caressing it as he did it.


Another tearful moment.

After the service Governor Rick Perry and his wife, Anita , invited us to the
governor’s mansion. She stood at the door, greeted
each of us individually, and gave each of the
SEALs a coin of Texas. She was a sincere,
compassionate, and gracious hostess. We were able
to tour the ground floor and then went into the
garden for beverages and BBQ. So many
of the Seal team guys said that after they get
out they are moving to Texas.
They remarked that they
had never felt so much love and hospitality. The
charter buses then took the guys to the airport
to catch their returning flights. Derek just now
called and after a 20 hours flight he is back in
his spot, in a dangerous land on the other side of
the world, protecting America


We just wanted to
share with you, the events of a quite emotional,but blessed week.”

To this day, no one in the
White House has ever acknowledged Chris Kyle;
his service, his death, his duty, his generosity, his caring, his life.


However, the President can call a sports person and congratulate him on his bravery for announcing
to the world that he is gay.

He can say on national television that
someone, a man who has committed a crime
was shot by police in the line of duty, would have made him a good son.

The SEALS have asked that you please, keep this moving if you
think Chris Kyle would have made a good son.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s